Monday 28 November 2011

Observational comedy

So I've made an observation lately. And it's that observations seem to be just so damn hilarious.

Now and then I see the odd comedy, Michael McIntyre and some black guy whose name I didn't know and - amazingly for a black comedian - hardly made any black jokes, and I notice that a lot of the material they use is purely general observations about the peculiar quirks of everyday life. For example, Michael McIntyre was talking about how it's an unwritten law that after three times of mishearing someone, you can't ask them what they said again. True, but amusing to have these observations recounted to us. Maybe there's a psychological reason that explains why we find it amusing when our own minutiae are described to us.

I'm not sure. I'm just happy to watch and laugh :).

~Love Leonidas

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comment form beckons. I will love you forever if you let me know what you think of this post! You may even get a cookie. Not a real one, but... okay, you get a cyber-huggle. You get something!

...Pretty please <3.

Total Pageviews