Saturday 11 June 2011

Who is me?

One quirk of the English language is our completely irregular conjugation. Or in other words, the way we change words according to how we use them. "To be", for instance: in the infinitive it's "to be", but then it goes "I am", "you are", "he/she/it is", "they are". And then there's the pronouns themselves. I, me. He, him. She, her. Am I the only one who finds that strange?

My real name is Leo, but in this blog I shall go under Leonidas, a nickname that I've been given a few times. My mum chose my name - after many disagreements with my dad - so that it couldn't be shortened or given a horrible nickname, and I'll say it outright, I'm not a person for nicknames: first name basis, please! But Leonidas stuck. So here me is, but who are I?

I'm 15 years old, 16 as of November. I live in England, and have some esoteric hobbies to say the least. For starters, you'll notice that I'm pretty into linguistics. Ling is flat-out my all-time favourite thing. You may see a few posts dedicated to that subject. I'm also quite into maths, though I don't claim to be fast, efficient, or even very good at it, I just find it interesting! Philosophy is probably my second favourite if not joint first. In fact, screw everything I just said, Philosophy and Ling are my two biggies. I could talk for a long time about either. I value thinking, and think it's an awful shame when people don't actually think about the world.

I have a lot of opinions on a crapton of stuff, and I'm VERY into debates/discussions. Religion, ethics (including abortion, euthanasia/suicide,) LGBT issues - I'm bisexual and so that's of a lot of concern to me - marriage issues, incest, law... so please, if you want to talk to me about anything, then... well, I have no idea if this even has a message system. I'm very new to blogging, but I write notes on Facebook. You can email me at leodominic9@aol.com - that's the one where you're guaranteed to get a reply from if you send it to.

This has been Leonidas, and I hope to be on here a lot more :D. Truth is, I may well post a lot initially and then decline slowly, although I'm likely to have short bursts of inspiration that last for a bit. I may also post some of the things I wrote on Facebook here, as they're pretty much like blog posts in themselves.


Well, that's me, really. My first blog post :). And that's who I are, now me have got that out there. I'm not expecting anyone to even find this site, let alone read it, so, if you HAVE read this then it would be amazing if you could make your presence known with just a short comment!

Lots of love, from Leonidas!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Leonidas, nice post. You need to get all your friends and online/FB friends to follow you now so you can get some interesting debates going, especially as you are into such interesting topics! Maybe send out a group email and post the blog's link on your profile?

    Personally, I tend to prefer blogs which are updated regularly - say every week or every two weeks so that I can remember to check. Personally, I also prefer blogs which are quite personal so that I feel I really get to know the blogger - ones that talk about the blogger's daily life but perhaps end on a specific topic or question, such as euthanasia ;-) so that (hopefully) there are some interesting replies which may spark a debate. The odd book review wouldn't be amiss either... ;-) ;-)

    Anyway, that's just my tuppence of advice. Good luck with the blog, look forward to reading more. I'm actually thinking of starting one myself as my profile statuses are often too long to fit into Facebook! Only I'm afraid it will become another procrastination device and I'm not sure how to integrate it into my website... But will give it some thought.

    Hugs!

    Tabitha x

    Tabitha Suzuma - author
    http://www.tabithasuzuma.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leo! <3

    As Tabitha said; I think you should plan your blog posts on a weekly schedule. As you already know: I am working on my own blog, and at the moment I am trying to build up a buffer of finished posts that are for now being saved as drafts so that I can later release them on a regular schedule.

    If you want readers, discussions and debates you're going to need to keep your readers engaged. A good way to do that is to provide frequent and easily followable updates. You might find it easiest to set a schedule for blog updates and then work whenever you like as long as you have stuff to upload on the days you've marked as posting days. Rather than posting a whole slew of blog posts at once during your creative bursts; you might want to put most of those aside and save them for later days when you feel a bad bout of writer's block coming on. It's hard to keep readers with inconsistent updates or large gaps of time between new posts.


    Anyway; good luck with your blog! So far everything you've written looks fun and interesting enough, so I'm sure you'll have no trouble attracting your own fanbase with a little bit of work. Just keep at it - and remember: the one rule of blogging is to write work that *you* enjoy reading. Start writing as if you're writing just for yourself and the readers will come soon enough. Knowing you I'm sure this won't be a problem. ;)

    Again; good luck! I'll definitely follow and keep checking back on your blog for more updates. Hope to see more of your work soon!

    ~<3 Eth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't have much things to say. I like your 1st blog.

    ReplyDelete

The comment form beckons. I will love you forever if you let me know what you think of this post! You may even get a cookie. Not a real one, but... okay, you get a cyber-huggle. You get something!

...Pretty please <3.

Total Pageviews