Wednesday 19 October 2011

The hopes and dreams of a child

One reason why I'm such a pessimist is self-fulfilling. I make plans, don't stick to them, distrust my ability to make plans, then don't bother. Or I make plans, they don't work out... same result. But the thing I have to take into consideration is: I'm 15 years old. Those plans probably won't work out because, let's face it, I'm a fucking teenager and have little mobility.

When I was younger I was very close to a friend of mine; he's beautiful, and eventually he turned out bi, too. We both liked each other. Only he lives in Canada. I decided we were going to meet each other when we're older. Sure, that'll happen. I have two friends today, living in America and Germany, both of whom I wish dearly to meet. That probably isn't going to happen either.

But see, this is my despondent pessimism kicking in; I know from experience that it's difficult to get places at this age, so I decide that the plans won't work out. I'll probably have moved on in years to come, pains me as it does to think about that. I mean, sure, maybe I'll get money for planes to Germany. To America. To Canada. Maybe.

But at the end of the day, the hopes and dreams of a child amount to little, especially when you're unprepared or unwilling to follow them through.

~Cheery thoughts from Leonidas

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comment form beckons. I will love you forever if you let me know what you think of this post! You may even get a cookie. Not a real one, but... okay, you get a cyber-huggle. You get something!

...Pretty please <3.

Total Pageviews