Monday 20 June 2011

The drug called Minecraft


Okay, so it all started last Thursday. It was only a small fix, but it was enough to get me hooked, and... god knows, I've now got a serious drug problem.

Last Thursday, I bought Minecraft.

I first was introduced to Minecraft when a friend of mine showed me this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdEFmxRmNE&feature=sh_e_sl&list=SL. For those who - reasonably - can't be arsed to click a link, this is Episode 1 of Minecraft, by BlueXephos; the Yogscast, made up of two-man team Simon and Lewis. Those bastards are the reason I bought the game.

So, what is Minecraft, I don't hear you ask for the fact that my telepathic skills are yet unrealised? It's a game where you mine stuff, and craft stuff, and sometimes, you mine AND craft stuff! Nah, forget I said that. You start on an infinite world with an ocean, cliffs, caves, deserts, hills, lakes, and lots of different kinds of resources, like dirt, stone, iron, coal, and wood. There are 10 minute days and nights, and in the night, monsters come out.

The aim of the game is to survive, to quickly build yourself a shelter before the monsters come, to explore, to build, to make things, to find things, to kill things, and... oh, really, the best way of explaining it is if you just get the game (it's only £13 in its current stage of development, and updates to the game are free. If you're interested, click below :).

http://www.minecraft.net/prepurchase.jsp

I could rant and rave about it all day, but the point is: it's a good game, feel free to try it out (there's a free version at www.minecraft.net too,) and, as this title suggests, is truly addictive...

So might as well get hooked :D

1 comment:

  1. Nice explanation of the game. ^^ I've never played, but I have a lot of friends who do. I've kinda wanted to give it a try but haven't been able to primarily due to the fact that the game costs money. :P

    I couldn't find the free version you mentioned at www.minecraft.net. Was that a limited time offer or something?

    ReplyDelete

The comment form beckons. I will love you forever if you let me know what you think of this post! You may even get a cookie. Not a real one, but... okay, you get a cyber-huggle. You get something!

...Pretty please <3.

Total Pageviews