Sunday 25 March 2012

You know, whenever I don't plan my blogs, this happens...


So I've not written a blog post in 18 days. One Eight. Two less than twenty. Dieciocho, XVIII, Two-times-nine, Octodecim, pick your favourite method of representing the number of days in which I haven't written a blog!

I sat down and thought "I should write a blog." (I just misspelled it as "right" there... derp.) I opened a blank page, and then I realised "You know, I've reached this situation before." The situation where I don't plan a blog, I just write spontaneously, and what almost always happens is something like the three posts I linked to at the top - I spew out some depressing piece of angry low-self-esteemed shit that draws on the blackness within. I imagine that in my head, when I see a blank page, I see an opportunity to catharsise and unburden myself of all the crap that's on my mind. I'm not gonna do that today, there are enough depressing reads under the archive and I'm sure noone wants another one.

It really sucks that schools won't let you wear nail polish. As my fingers whizz across the keyboard like tap dancers karate-kicking words into being, my left hand is painted beautifully pink, and my right hand beautifully lilacy-blue. (Note that when I say my hand, I mean my nails. Why'd I paint one of my hands pink, that would be just weird?) I did it on Friday, which was the best time to do it because it means I'd have the weekend to appreciate it, but I'm gonna have to take them off this evening before school tomorrow. I mean, as amusing as it would be to see the look on Mr. Pearce's face (my head of house and maths teacher, if you're wondering,) when he looks at my nails, I don't carry nail polish remover and don't fancy being sent to the bathrooms to use theirs.

I'm playing a game called Travian. It's okay, but I think it was originally German, and in places it wasn't beautifully translated. It's a real-time military strategy game where you develop a village, collect resources, build an army, work with or attack other players... there are so many games like it and Travian is without a doubt not the best. It's got low-quality cartoon graphics, three tribes to choose from, is at times ambiguous, often has poor navigation, doesn't easily facilitate the interaction between players, and is in general just a bit of a clumsy game. But I like it. It's not the best, but it's fun, and easy-going. There's never a point where things get too stressful, and there's usually something to do. The going is currently impeded, though, by a player repeatedly attacking me and the majority of the members of my alliance, which makes for slow growth and problematic gameplay all around. But no matter.

So the Hunger Games came out two days ago. Anyone who doesn't know the Hunger Games... doesn't deserve to be my friend. Nah, just kidding. No, seriously, the Hunger Games is a trilogy of books by Suzanne Collins, set in the dystopian realm of Panem, where every year, twenty-four kids are put together in an arena and forced to fight to the death. The Hunger Games focuses on the trials of one girl, Katniss Everdeen, who volunteers to take part in the games to save her sister, who would have been forced to do so otherwise. The film was released on Friday, and this is something I've been OMGasming about for six months (omgasming should become a word if it isn't already.) I knew I'd have a lot of friends who I wanted to see it with, so I organised one big party to go and watch it together, but even so didn't manage to avoid having to see it twice: I'll be seeing it before then with my brother on his birthday. All the same, I'm SO FRIGGING EXCITED. It's gonna be so amazing! I just know it's gonna sell out like nuts.

Peace to y'all.

~Love Leonidas

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comment form beckons. I will love you forever if you let me know what you think of this post! You may even get a cookie. Not a real one, but... okay, you get a cyber-huggle. You get something!

...Pretty please <3.

Total Pageviews