Wednesday 16 November 2011

Happiness: Guilty as charged

So I don't have the perfect life, noone really seems to; I have many flaws and plenty of things that I don't like about my life. But these are all really small things, like my hair, or the education system I have to swim through. In general? I feel really frigging happy with my life. And I feel guilty as hell about it.

The question is, does that make any sense, to feel guilty for happiness? When there's not a lot of it going around, I'd say take every last little bit of it. To other people. But to myself? Happiness feels like selfishness. Sure, I'm a hedonist, but not at the expense of other people. I want my friends to be happy, and when they're not, that just sucks :/.

I imagine my friends would probably say that they want me to be happy to, but whether this is true or not, modesty prevents me from taking the felicities in life for granted. I want others to be happy, I don't want it to myself. But it's really hard when some people go out of their way to make sure they don't get it, for the sake of attention.

I don't know. Happiness is all we really strive for in life, so why am I guilty of it? Should I be? Shouldn't I? I'll leave that one up to you guys.

~Love and hugs from Leonidas

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comment form beckons. I will love you forever if you let me know what you think of this post! You may even get a cookie. Not a real one, but... okay, you get a cyber-huggle. You get something!

...Pretty please <3.

Total Pageviews