Sunday 21 August 2011

Keeping up

You know, it's a funny thing, I've been blogging for at least two months now, and it was only a few weeks ago that Anders Behring Breivik bombed a street in Oslo, Norway, and then proceeded to murder almost a hundred innocent people... that'd be the kind of thing you'd expect a blogger interested in the world around him or her to talk about. And I had a blog all planned out to talk about Norway, too, but I never got round to writing it, could never quite make it sound right, and gave up on it.

I really don't always keep up with the times that well. I used to compensate for this by setting CNN as my homepage to keep up with the news, so that I was fairly well up to date with current affairs. But even with this, I'm still not one of those dedicated "with-it" people who'll always be talking about current affairs. I guess it's not the end of the world, and there's no obligation to be one of those people, so I shouldn't really worry about it.

I try to follow this maxim: It doesn't matter if the train's already left the station, just jump on it and make the best of it before it goes even further away into the distance.

~Leonidas

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comment form beckons. I will love you forever if you let me know what you think of this post! You may even get a cookie. Not a real one, but... okay, you get a cyber-huggle. You get something!

...Pretty please <3.

Total Pageviews